Benefits of Physio Pilates
Physio Pilates has many benefits and is suitable for people of all ages, abilities and fitness levels. Regular practice of Physio Pilates can:
- Alleviate pain and discomfort
- Tone and strengthen muscles especially the abdominals (“the core”)
- Increase flexibility and agility
- Improve posture and balance
- Enhance mobility, energy and stamina
- Aid relaxation and reduce stress and tension
- Enhance sporting performance
- Assist in injury recovery and rehabilitation
- Promote resistance to injury
- Breathing is an integral part of Pilates exercises.
Breath control can help stabilise the spine, aid relaxation, and help you to move more efficiently.
- Elongation and Core Control.
Pilates exercises should be performed with a sense of length in your body. This elongation helps to create optimal space between joints and supporting tissues which helps prevent injury.
- Posture of the Head, Neck and Shoulders.
Pilates focuses on stretching and strengthening the right balance of muscles to hold your head, neck and shoulders in the optimal position on your spine. Correct organization helps you to move safely, with less energy expenditure and less aches and pains.
- Spine Articulation.
Many of the Pilates exercises encourage you to move through each segment of your spine so the load is shared throughout the whole spine. Often spinal problems occur because some segments are too stiff and some have too much movement. Spinal articulation exercises help you to gain awareness of the movement in all areas of your spine and work towards improving the quality and flow of that movement.
- Alignment of Your Limbs and Spine.
Pilates exercises help to increase your awareness of your arms and legs in relation to your trunk. Proper alignment and organization helps you gain safe, efficient movement in your body. Good alignment means there is less stress on your body and you move more efficiently.
- Integration of Movement.
The principles above all lead towards better integration of movement in your body. Pilates encourages the mind, body and spirit to move as one. Integration of mind and body enhance the exercises and helps integrate the principles into daily life and gives many people the confidence to explore movement opportunities without pain. Pilates is an enjoyable movement experience which heightens body awareness and helps us move our bodies more efficiently with greater ease and grace.
For Appointments: 021 487 48 48